Ahhh, 2017. It’s been a long time coming. Now is the time to wipe the slate clean and start fresh. Item No. 1 on your post-holiday to-do list should be to repair all the damage that was done to your system in trying to survive the end of 2016.Holidays are the times of greatest stress due to a perfect storm of responsibilities, expectations and extended families. The end-of-year season is precisely the time when too many people deploy massively toxic stress relievers such as junk food and alcohol. These effects are compounded by worry, decreased sleep and a greater probability of colds due to the greater intensity of social interactions. The human body is unlike anything else on Earth in its ability to self-heal. All it takes is a little help from you in terms of mental and physical restoration practices.
Detox Best Practices for 2017
1. Dial Down the AlcoholResearch indicates that one glass of wine a night could reduce your chance of developing heart disease and hold off type-2 diabetes. However, a bottle of wine a night will do the opposite. Moderate your intake, and hydrate as you go.
2. Replace Drinks with WaterMany women say they find it incredibly hard to drink the 2.2 liters of water necessary to reach their adequate intake minimum. Just replace that juice, coffee or wine with water every once in a while. Every organ in your body with thank you.
3. LaughYes, it is scientifically proven that it’s better to laugh than to cry. Both have their benefits and often arrive together in stress release, yet laughter packs the same wellness punch as a workout. One study showed that it took 10 minutes on a rowing machine to equal one minute of laughter.
4. Download a New Way of ThinkingThe negative thoughts that keep recurring used to be called your mental tape. The advances of technology demand a new metaphor: Download a new tune and drag negativity into the trash icon (and remember to empty the trash). Medical research demonstrated the connection between relaxation/positive meditation and better heart health. Believe it.
5. Take Care of Your SkinAs your body’s No. 1 largest organ, the skin is vital: The more you do for your skin, the better your entire system is able to restore itself. Skin care is essential for combating aging and turning back the sands of time; you should look for items that include buffered glycolic acid and retinol to restore the look and feel of younger skin.
Where to Buy Professional Skin Care ProductsMost of these best practices for post-holiday detox can be done at home for no cost. However, if you are searching online for where to buy Biologique skin care products or a host of other skin care remedies, start at Sepi Spa. Make sure you set your priorities straight for the year ahead and take care of yourself first. Like putting on an oxygen mask during an emergency on a plane, taking care of yourself is simply what you must do before you even think about trying to take care of others. Resolve to avoid toxins, inside and out, whenever possible. Whenever it’s not possible to avoid common toxins, make sure you detox the right way using this list.